Where are you located?
I call Clarksville, Tenessee home and book sessions in the greater Nashville, Chattanooga and Knoxville areas. But I am available for travel!
What is your style?
I describe myself as fresh and timeless with a pinch of trend. I am a natural light photographer, heavily inspired by the timelessness of film photography. Few things in life excited me more than beautiful, old photos of my grandparents as children or the black and white portrait of my mom and her closest sister as preschoolers. While editing, I do take into consideration your personal style, the lighting, mood, and tone of the day/event. It all works together to perfectly tell your individual story beautifully.
I strive to give as little direction as possible. Don't worry, that doesn't mean you have to know how to pose yourself -in fact I prefer you don't. I want to capture you being you- interacting with your family or significant other in a natural and genuine way. I always want your personality to shine through!
What does the photography process look like?
Take a look at The Experience tab for a detailed explanation of exactly what you can expect from booking a session with me.
How do I book my date?
- Are you booking a wedding?
- Weddings require a $500 retainer and a signed contract to reserve your date on my calendar.
- The remaining balance must be paid in full 30 days prior to the ceremony.
- Payment plans are always available when booking a wedding.
- Booking a lifestyle/portrait session?
- All sessions requires a 50% retainer and a signed contract to book your session on my calendar.
What should we wear?
Your wardrobe selection should represent you and the vision you have for your session. I do suggest shying away from bold and busy patterns, trendy pieces, and certain colors. I am happy to help you complete your vision by helping you select your outfit(s). There are two ways we can do this:
- During an in-person consultation, we can discuss options until we decide on your perfect look.
- Email consultations are also available.
For family sessions, I recommend going with coordinating outfits that compliment each other rather than "matchy" outfits (think some color palettes rather than same colors). Mixing textures is also a clever way to develop coordinating outfits.
How many photos do we get?
The number of photos you will receive is dependent on your selected collection.
Can I order Professional lab quality prints & products through you?
Yes!! I am in the business of creating heirlooms, and it breaks my heart to think about the number of digital photographs we all have living on our computers and external hard drives. I want you to print your photos and I hope to make that even easier on you by offering some collections with professional lab printing credits. Prints and other products from can always be added or purchased a la carte.
When will we get our photos?
A glimpse of your session will be available on my Business Facebook page within 48 hours, so make sure you are following me!
- Weddings: Weddings are delivered 8-12 weeks after the ceremony. Your fully edited high resolution images will be available to download through your password protected online gallery. You will also receive a keepsake memory stick as a wedding keepsake.
- Lifestyle/Portrait Sessions: The full viewing gallery will be available with 2 weeks of your session
What forms of payment do you accept?
All payments are made through PayPal.
What if we have to reschedule?
Life happens. It rains, kids get sick, newborns don't sleep through the night, stress gets the best of you. If you need to reschedule your shoot please contact me as soon as possible. You must contact me 24 hours before your scheduled session or you forfeit your session fees. There is a limit of one reschedule (aside from weather).
What is birth photography?
Growing in popularity by the day, birth photography documents the entire story of your sweet babe's birth.
Why hire a birth photographer?
- Hiring a professional allows your family to be in the moment, and focus on welcoming your baby into the world while knowing a professional is there capture every moment.
- Memories fade. Unfortunately, over time, memories become hazy and unclear. The birth of your baby is a day you will want to remember every tiny detail of. With quality photos these memories are likely to remain clearer.
- Labor can be an intense experience for mommas. There are moments of the day you will miss or be unable to see; Birth Photography will allow you to experience and cherish these moments forever.
- Birth Photography has the ability to capture the tiniest details of your baby's birth, to the raw emotion felt between two partners when welcoming their miracle into the world.
- Birth Photography allows your entire family and friends to experience the birth of your baby without joining you in the room.
Is it uncomfortable to have a photographer in the delivery room?
Not at all, you likely won't even know I am there. My goal is to be a fly on the wall and document your story in a non-intrusive manner. I am there to focus on telling the story of how your family welcomes your brand new precious little miracle into the world.
Can you come to the hospital to take photos after the baby is born instead?
Of course! I also offer a Fresh 24/48 Session. I'll meet you wherever you welcomed your baby roughly 24-48 hours after the delivery. This is a great time for siblings and/or other family members to meet your sweet new babe. My only requirement is that this session take place during daylight hours.